24 CE hours*, including 3 hours of ethics, are required every 2-year license term.
*See Special Training/Education Requirements below.
Crop Only Producers
6 CE hours, including 3 hours of ethics, are required every 2-year license term.
Special Training/Education Requirements
Long-Term Care Partnership (LTCP) Policies
- Initial 8-hour LTCP training requirement: All Nebraska health or sickness and accident producers who sell, solicit, or negotiate LTCP policies must complete 8 hours of state-approved Nebraska LTCP training before selling, soliciting, or negotiating LTCP policies. Producers may take any 8-hr NAIC approved LTC course for use in any licensed state.
- Ongoing 4-hour LTCP training requirement: After completing the 8-hour initial training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of state-approved Nebraska LTCP training every 2 years thereafter. Producers may take any 4-hr NAIC approved LTC course for use in any licensed state.
Annuity Training Requirement
- All licensed producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours prior to selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products.
*Nonresidents who satisfy the training requirements of another state that are similar to Nebraska's law will be deemed compliant for Nebraska's requirement.
Flood Insurance Training
All Nebraska property and casualty producers authorized to sell flood insurance policies must complete a one-time 3-hour course approved for National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) training.
Nonresident producers can renew their licenses online at www.nipr.com up to 90 days prior to license renewal date.
The license term is every 2 years, ending on the last day of the producer’s birth month in odd- or even-numbered years. Producers born in an even-numbered year must complete their CE in even-numbered years. Producers born in an odd-numbered year must complete their CE in odd-numbered years.
A course may not be taken for credit more than once within a 2-year license term.
Excess CE hours are not allowed to be carried forward to the next 2-year license term.
The following individuals are exempt from CE requirements:
- Individuals who hold a limited-lines license for credit life/credit accident and health, auto mechanical breakdown, prepaid legal, motor club, prepaid dental, health maintenance organization, or unemployment credit insurance.
- Nonresidents who are in good standing with his or her home state.
Exam proctor requirements
Exams are required to be monitored by a disinterested third party. A disinterested third party is an individual with no family or financial relationship to the student. Therefore a proctor should not serve for examinations of family members, relatives, or dependents; employers or supervisors; employees or subordinates; partners, joint ventures, or co-owners; or anyone in whom the proctor or instructor has an economic or other interest in assuring the successful outcome of the examination.
Self-study final exams are closed book. Students may not refer to the course material while the exam is in progress. The final exam must be passed with a score of 70 percent or higher to receive credit. If the final exam is not passed on the first attempt, students have an unlimited number of retakes. Upon successful completion of the final exam, the student is required to return the completed Nebraska Affidavit of Course Completion form to the Provider for each course.
A roster fee of $1.00 per credit hour ordered is required to process course completion hours in Nebraska and will be added to the order total upon checkout.
Net Study provides information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to continuing education (CE) as insurance producers, agents, adjusters and/or brokers. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither Net Study nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice.
Lincoln, NE 68508-3639