Producers & Adjusters
24 CE hours*, including 3 hours of ethics, are required every 2-year license term. The number of insurance company sponsored CE hours shall not exceed 50% of the total requirement.
*See Special Training/Education Requirements below.
Special Training/Education Requirements
Long-Term Care (LTC) Insurance
- Initial 8-hour LTC training requirement: Before selling LTC in Wyoming, licensees must complete an initial 8-hour training course. Completing training requirements in any state satisfies the training requirements in Wyoming.
- Ongoing 4-hour LTC training requirement: After completing the 8-hour initial training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of state approved LTC training every 24-month period following the completion of the initial training and every 24-months thereafter. Completing training requirements in any state satisfies the training requirements in Wyoming.
Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products in Wyoming, producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours.
All Wyoming property and casualty producers who sell federal flood insurance must complete a one-time 3-hour course approved for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Nonresident adjusters must meet resident state requirements. If none, adjuster must complete 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics.
The license term is the last day of the licensee’s birth month every 2 years.
A course may not be taken for credit more than once within a 2-year licensing period.
Excess credit hours may not be carried over to the next licensing period.
The following are exempt from CE requirements:
- Individuals holding a limited producers license
- Individuals licensed for credit life and credit disability
- Individuals licensed for funeral service contracts
- Nonresident producers.
Exam proctor requirements
Self-study final exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party. The monitor can be any impartial person who is not concerned with the result of the examination or the success of the student.
Self-study final exams are closed book. Students may not refer to the course material while the exam is in progress. The final exam must be passed with a score of 70 percent or higher to receive credit. If the final exam is not passed on the first attempt, students have an unlimited number of retakes.
A roster fee of $1.00 per credit ordered is required to process course completion hours in Wyoming and will be added to the order total upon checkout.
Net Study provides information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to continuing education (CE) as insurance producers, agents, adjusters and/or brokers. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither Net Study nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice.