- For Licenses in effect for 13-18 months: 12 hours* of continuing education is required each year prior to the expiration date.
- For Licenses in effect for 19-24 months: 24 hours* of continuing education including three hours of ethics.
*See Special Training/Education Requirements below.
Independent & Public Adjusters
12 CE hours are required every 1-year license term.
Special Training/Education Requirements
- All licensed producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours prior to selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products.
*Nonresidents who satisfy the training requirements of another state that are similar to Mississippi's law will be deemed compliant for Mississippi's requirement.
Producers who write flood insurance must complete a one-time 3-hour training class on flood insurance and the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Producers take CE in their resident state. There is no requirement for CE for non-residents.
- The Producer license is a 2-year license term ending on the last day of their birth month.
- The Adjuster license is a 1-year license term ending on May 31st.
Courses may only be taken for credit once in a license term.
Carryover of excess CE credit hours is not allowed.
The following are exempt from Mississippi CE requirements:
- Inactive producers
- Producers holding limited lines licenses
- Nonresident producers
- Nonresident adjusters
Exam proctor requirements
Self-study final exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party. The monitor can be any impartial person who is not concerned with the result of the examination or the success of the student. The monitor cannot be related by family to the student. (Examples of impartial monitors are teachers, librarians, church leaders, neighbors, etc.)
Self-study final exams are closed book. Students may not refer to the course material while the exam is in progress. The final exam must be passed with a score of 70 percent or higher to receive credit. If the final exam is not passed on the first attempt, students have an unlimited number of retakes.
A roster fee of $4.75 per course ordered is required to process course completion hours in Mississippi and will be added to the order total upon checkout.
Net Study provides information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to continuing education (CE) as insurance producers, agents, adjusters and/or brokers. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither Net Study nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice.