Nebraska Insurance CE

Browse our Nebraska Courses

Are you an approved provider of CE in Nebraska?

Yes. Our Nebraska state approval number is: 1904.

How long will it take to have my credits processed?

Most students will have their credits processed the same day on which they complete their final exam. If a course is completed outside of our normal business hours, these credits will be processed on the morning of the next business day. Once your credits have been successfully filed, you will receive a notification email that also contains your Certificate of Completion.

Do I need a proctor during my exam?

No. Self-study final exams do not require a monitor.

What are the requirements for my course's final exam?

Self-study final exams are closed book. Licensees may not refer to the course material while the exam is in progress.

The final exam must be passed with a score of 70 percent or higher to receive credit. Students have unlimited attempts to pass the exam.

Are there filing fees in Nebraska?

A roster fee of $1.00 per credit is required to process course credits in this state. This fee will be added to your order total during checkout and is then sent by us to the state upon completion.

Are there time limits on my course or exam?

No. You may spend as much time with the course material as you feel necessary, and you may come and go from that material as often as you like. There is no time limit on our exams, however all exams must be completed within one sitting. Once started, if an exam is abandoned for any reason you will need to begin that exam from the beginning when you next return.

Do take special note that every course has an expiration date, which is based on both the state approval and your website purchase date. In order to receive credit you must complete the course before that expiration date.

What are the resident CE requirements in Nebraska?

Producers: 24 hours, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2-year license term.

Crop Only Producers: 6 CE hours, including 3 hours of ethics, required every 2-year license term.


Special Training Education Requirements
Annuity Best Interest
Updated Training Requirement!

Effective 07/1/2021: Nebraska amended its previous Suitability in Annuities training requirement to a Best Interest training requirement.

Producers licensed prior to the effective date who previously complete a 4 hour Suitability in Annuities course must complete either a 4 hour Best Interest course or a 1 hour Best Interest Update course no later than 12/31/2021.

Producers licensed after the effective date, or those who do not complete the update training prior to 12/31/2021, must complete a 4 hour Best Interest course prior to selling annuity products.

Flood All Nebraska property and casualty producers authorized to sell flood insurance policies must complete a one-time 3-hour course approved for National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) training. 
Long Term Care

Initial 8-hour LTCP training requirement: All Nebraska health or sickness and accident producers who sell, solicit, or negotiate LTCP policies must complete 8 hours of state-approved Nebraska LTCP training before selling, soliciting, or negotiating LTCP policies. Producers may take any 8-hr NAIC approved LTC course for use in any licensed state.

Ongoing 4-hour LTCP training requirement: After completing the 8-hour initial training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of state-approved Nebraska LTCP training every 2 years thereafter. Producers may take any 4-hr NAIC approved LTC course for use in any licensed state.

What are the non-resident CE requirements in Nebraska?

Nonresident producers can renew their licenses online at up to 90 days prior to license renewal date.

When do I need to have my CE completed?

The license term is every 2 years, ending on the last day of the producer’s birth month in odd- or even-numbered years. Producers born in an even-numbered year must complete their CE in even-numbered years. Producers born in an odd-numbered year must complete their CE in odd-numbered years.

May I re-take a course for credit that I have already completed successfully?

A course may not be taken for credit more than once within a 2-year license term.

Is there a CE carryover allowance in Nebraska?

Excess CE hours are not allowed to be carried forward to the next 2-year license term.

Are there any CE exemptions in Nebraska?

The following individuals are exempt from CE requirements:

  • Individuals who hold a limited-lines license for credit life/credit accident and health, auto mechanical breakdown, prepaid legal, motor club, prepaid dental, health maintenance organization, or unemployment credit insurance.
  • Nonresidents who are in good standing with his or her home state.
How may I contact the state of Nebraska?
Nebraska Department of Insurance
Phone: 402-471-4913
Fax: 402-471-6559
Mailing Address:
941 “O” St., Suite 400
Lincoln, NE 68508-3639
Here are some additional links that we believe you may find helpful:
Browse our Nebraska Courses

Disclaimer: InsuranceStudy provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to continuing education (CE) as insurance producers, agents, adjusters and/or brokers. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither InsuranceStudy nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice. We encourage you to contact the relevant licensing body and/or your carrier to find the most up-to-date and personally relevant requirements.