The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) - DE
Insurance Continuing Education in Delaware
5 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
September 30, 2022 (86 Days)
In this course we will review some of the fundamental concepts and some of the complex coverage details involving flood insurance, the National Flood Insurance Plan and other programs related to property risks. In addition, we will also provide answers for the most common questions you may encounter from your clients about these risks.
We will cover the important terms and definitions related to floods and flood-related claims. We will also cover how flood risks are underwritten, how claims are paid and how regulators handle the whole subject matter. And you will read some interesting and important case studies to bring this topic to life.
- Learn the basic principles of The National Flood Insurance Program.
- Understand how private insurance plays a role with flood policies.
- Learn how modeling and rating systems are used to develop flood insurance policies.
- Be aware of the flaws and challenges that exist in the NFIP program and how those play a role in today’s market.
- Learn how to file claims under NFIP policies and what happens when those claims are disputed.
Rules for Delaware Insurance Continuing Education
- This state allows for course material to be downloaded. Please note that not all courses will have content that is suitable or available for downloading.
- Exam is open book.
- The state of Delaware charges an additional fee of $1.00 per credit hour.