Delaware Insurance CE

Browse our Delaware Courses

Are you an approved provider of CE in Delaware?

Yes. Our Delaware state approval number is: 744.

How long will it take to have my credits processed?

Most students will have their credits processed the same day on which they complete their final exam. If a course is completed outside of our normal business hours, these credits will be processed on the morning of the next business day. Once your credits have been successfully filed, you will receive a notification email that also contains your Certificate of Completion.

Do I need a proctor during my exam?

No. Self-study final exams do not require a monitor.

What are the requirements for my course's final exam?

Self-study final exams are open book. Producers may refer to the course material as often as needed. Most of our courses allow you to download the class materials as a PDF. Please check the details page of your desired course to see if such material is available.

The final exam must be passed with a score of 70 percent or higher to receive credit. Students have unlimited attempts to pass the exam.

Are there filing fees in Delaware?

A roster fee of $1.00 per credit is required to process course credits in this state. This fee will be added to your order total during checkout and is then sent by us to the state upon completion.

Are there time limits on my course or exam?

No. You may spend as much time with the course material as you feel necessary, and you may come and go from that material as often as you like. There is no time limit on our exams, however all exams must be completed within one sitting. Once started, if an exam is abandoned for any reason you will need to begin that exam from the beginning when you next return.

Do take special note that every course has an expiration date, which is based on both the state approval and your website purchase date. In order to receive credit you must complete the course before that expiration date.

What are the resident CE requirements in Delaware?

Producers: 24 hours, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2-year license term.

Adjusters: 12 hours, including 3 hours of ethics, are required every 2-year license term.


Special Training Education Requirements
Annuity Best Interest
Updated Training Requirement!

Effective 08/01/2021, the state amended its previous Suitability in Annuities training requirement to a Best Interest training requirement.

Producers licensed prior to the effective date who previously complete a 4 hour Suitability in Annuities course must complete either a 4 hour Best Interest course or a 1 hour Best Interest Update course no later than 2/1/2022.

Producers licensed after the effective date must complete a 4 hour Best Interest course prior to selling annuity products.

Flood All Delaware licensees who are authorized to write homeowners or personal lines coverage must complete 2 hours of approved CE relating to flood insurance and the National Flood Insurance Program every 2-year license term. 
Long Term Care

All Delaware health producers who solicit LTC policies must complete at least 3 hours of state-approved Delaware LTC training during the 2-year license term in which the product is solicited. This requirement must be met during the biennium that the long term care policy was solicited, but does not need to be met prior to solicitation of the product.

What are the non-resident CE requirements in Delaware?
  • Nonresident licensees (except for Adjusters not licensed in their home state) are required to renew their licenses online at
  • Nonresident adjusters, who are not licensed in his or her home state, are required to submit a hard copy of the license renewal to the Delaware Department of Insurance along with the appropriate fees.
  • If the nonresident licensee fails to comply with continuing education requirements in his or her home state, it may result in the suspension/revocation of the Delaware license and/or fines. 
When do I need to have my CE completed?

The license term for resident licensees is every 2 years, starting on March 1 of even numbered years and ending on the last day of February of even numbered years.

The license term for nonresident licensees is every 2 years, starting on March 1 of odd numbered years and ending on the last day of February of odd numbered years.

May I re-take a course for credit that I have already completed successfully?

A course may not be taken for credit more than once within a 2-year license term.

Is there a CE carryover allowance in Delaware?

Excess credit hours can be carried forward to the next 2-year license term. The maximum amount of credit hours that can be carried forward is 5. Excess hours in LTC, Flood insurance, and Ethics will carry forward as general credit. 

Are there any CE exemptions in Delaware?

Licensees are exempt from continuing education if one of the following is true:

  • The licensee holds a limited lines producer license and writes consumer credit, title, crop/hail, surety, and car rental insurance policies.
  • The licensee is a resident adjuster licensed solely for surety and/or marine and transportation.
  • The licensee is a nonresident adjuster or a nonresident public adjuster.
  • The licensee is a limited lines producer licensed for life insurance or annuity products used solely to fund a pre-need arranged funeral program.
How may I contact the state of Delaware?
Delaware Insurance Department
Phone: 302-674-7300
Fax: 302-739-5280
Mailing Address:
1351 West North Street
Suite 101
Dover, DE 19904
Browse our Delaware Courses

Disclaimer: InsuranceStudy provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to continuing education (CE) as insurance producers, agents, adjusters and/or brokers. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither InsuranceStudy nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice. We encourage you to contact the relevant licensing body and/or your carrier to find the most up-to-date and personally relevant requirements.