Individual Retirement Accounts - MI
Insurance Continuing Education in Michigan
5 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
July 31, 2021 (36 Days)
CFP Certification Continuing Education
In this course we will review some of the fundamental concepts and some of the complex coverage details about annuities, variable annuities and several insurance-like investment products called “contracts.” In addition, we will also provide answers for the most common questions you may encounter from your clients about these products. We will cover the important terms and definitions related to annuities and annuity suitability—which are sometimes slightly different than the terms and definitions used by insurance policies. We will also consider the various optional benefits, modifications and additions that are commonly desired by annuitants and their beneficiaries. We will also cover how annuities are underwritten, the advantages and disadvantages of group contracts and tax treatment of the various types of annuities. You will read some interesting and important case studies to bring this topic to life. We detail the most recent issues that have come up in the real world of providing these products to consumers. Finally, an appendix to this text includes annotated and simplified excerpts of the relevant portions of your state’s Insurance Code dealing with annuities and investment contracts.
- Understand fundamental concepts of annuities, variable annuities, and similar investment products.
- Be able to answer common questions from clients about annuity products.
- Know the differences between terms and definitions of annuities vs common insurance policies.
- Learn how annuities are underwritten
Rules for Michigan Insurance Continuing Education
- This state allows for course material to be downloaded. Please note that not all courses will have content that is suitable or available for downloading.
- Exam is closed book.
- The state of Michigan charges an additional fee of $1.00 per credit hour.