Disability Insurance Products and Principles - NY
Insurance Continuing Education in New York
5 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
November 30, 2023 (174 Days)
CE for CFP® Professionals
The purpose of this course is to provide the student with a clear understanding of disability income insurance including; a full description of disability insurance with definitions and an explanation of provisions, an overview of the principal disability rider benefits, and a look into disability income underwriting. This course will also explain the primary sources of disability income benefits, special coverage disability insurance policies, and the taxation of disability coverage.
The course will cover:
- Introduction to Disability Insurance
- Disability Policy Definitions & Provisions
- Principal Disability Rider Benefits
- Disability Income Underwriting
- Primary Sources of Disability Income Benefits
- Special Coverage Disability Insurance Policies
- Taxation of Disability Coverage
Rules for New York Insurance Continuing Education
- Courses approved for Internet may not be downloaded.
- Exam is closed book.
- Effective January 1, 2008, a licensee will no longer receive credit for any course previously completed for continuing education credit. Licensees must maintain records of completed continuing education courses and will be held responsible if a course is repeated.
- Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued a Certificate of Course Completion. This document is necessary for your license renewal. Retain this document.
Full and proper functionality of our website and courses requires your browser to meet a few basic requirements, as described below. If this site is looking or behaving strangely, please check that your browser meets these requirements. If you would like help doing so, please call our customer support number. We will be happy to assist.