Arkansas Insurance CE

Browse our Arkansas Courses

Are you an approved provider of CE in Arkansas?

Yes. Our Arkansas state approval number is: 11421.

Where can I look up my CE transcript?
How long will it take to have my credits processed?

Most students will have their credits processed the same day on which we receive their signed affidavit, issued upon completion of their final exam. If an affidavit is received outside of our normal business hours, these credits will be processed on the morning of the next business day. Once your credits have been successfully filed, you will receive a notification email that also contains your Certificate of Completion.

Do I need a proctor during my exam?

Arkansas insurance continuing education requires an impartial third-party proctor be present during your final exam. The proctor cannot be a friend, relative or co-worker of the licensee, nor anyone with a financial interest in the exam result.

What are the requirements for my course's final exam?

Self-study final exams are closed book. Licensees may not refer to the course material while the exam is in progress.

The final exam must be passed with a score of 70 percent or higher to receive credit. Students have unlimited attempts to pass the exam.

Are there filing fees in Arkansas?

A roster fee of $1.00 per credit is required to process course credits in this state. This fee will be added to your order total during checkout and is then sent by us to the state upon completion.

Are there time limits on my course or exam?

No. You may spend as much time with the course material as you feel necessary, and you may come and go from that material as often as you like. There is no time limit on our exams, however all exams must be completed within one sitting. Once started, if an exam is abandoned for any reason you will need to begin that exam from the beginning when you next return.

Do take special note that every course has an expiration date, which is based on both the state approval and your website purchase date. In order to receive credit you must complete the course before that expiration date.

What are the resident CE requirements in Arkansas?

Producers: 24 hours (of which 3 should be ethics) every 2-year license term.

Adjusters: 24 hours (of which 3 should be ethics) every 2-year license term.


Special Training Education Requirements

Annuity Best Interest
Updated Training Requirement!

Effective July 8, 2021. Producers selling annuity products must complete a 4-hour Best Interest Annuity Suitability course.

A producer who has completed the original annuity training course requirements prior to 07/08/2021 has a grace period until 12/31/2021 to complete either the new 1 or 4 hour training course. They may sell, solicit and negotiate annuities during this time period.

A producer who has NOT completed the original annuity training course requirements prior to 07/08/2021 is unable to sell, solicit or negotiate annuities until the 4 hour annuity-best interest course has been completed.

Flood Producers who write flood insurance must complete a one-time 3-hour training class on flood insurance and the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). These 3 hours count toward the 24 hours of CE required every 2 years.
Long Term Care

Initial 8-hour LTC training requirement: Before selling, soliciting or negotiating LTC insurance products in Arkansas, producers must complete an initial 8-hour, state-approved LTC training course.

Ongoing 4-hour LTC training requirement: After meeting the initial training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of state-approved LTC training in every 24-month period following the initial training.

What are the non-resident CE requirements in Arkansas?

Nonresident adjusters are required to comply with Arkansas’s CE requirement by:

  • Being licensed and in good standing as a adjuster in their resident state that has a continuing education requirement for its resident adjusters; or
  • Being licensed and in good standing as a nonresident adjuster in Arkansas and completing Arkansas's continuing education requirement by an approved provider.  (See "Adjusters" section above.)
  • Being licensed and in good standing as a nonresident adjuster in a state or designated "Home State" that has


1)  Simply being licensed and in good standing in another state does not exempt a nonresident adjuster licensed in Arkansas from this state's CE requirement if that other state does not officially require CE course completion.

2)  If a producer has not taken a NAIC LTC training course in another state, the nonresident producer selling LTC in Arkansas must comply with the Arkansas LTC training requirements (see: Special Training Requirements above).

When do I need to have my CE completed?
  • For those licensed in odd years, the renewal period will end on the licensee's birth date in odd years and renew every two years thereafter.
  • For those licensed in even years, the renewal period will end on the licensee's birth date in even years and renew every two years thereafter.
May I re-take a course for credit that I have already completed successfully?

Producers may not repeat the same course within 2 years from the original course completion date.

Is there a CE carryover allowance in Arkansas?

A producer may carry over excess CE hours up to the number of hours needed to satisfy the CE requirement in the next license term. Excess ethics hours carry over as general credits in the next license term. 

Are there any CE exemptions in Arkansas?

A producer can become exempt based on age or length of licensure, if licensed as a resident Arkansas producer prior to July 1, 2003, and has remained a resident Arkansas licensee without break. Once a person reaches 60 years of age, or reaches 15 consecutive years of licensure (no breaks in licensure), they can become exempt if licensed as a resident Arkansas producer prior to July 1, 2003. This exemption does not apply if the person was licensed as a resident Arkansas producer after July 1, 2003, and the licensee cannot use licensure in another state prior to becoming licensed in Arkansas for the 15 year license exemption. If the person is licensed as a resident Arkansas producer after July 1, 2003, they can never become exempt from Continuing Education.

Note:There is no exemption for title agents and no exemption for adjusters.

How may I contact the state of Arkansas?

Arkansas Insurance Department
Phone: (501) 371-2750
Fax: (501) 683-2604

Mailing Address:
Arkansas Insurance Department
License Division
1200 West Third St.
Little Rock, AR 72201-1904

Browse our Arkansas Courses

Disclaimer: InsuranceStudy provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to continuing education (CE) as insurance producers, agents, adjusters and/or brokers. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither InsuranceStudy nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice. We encourage you to contact the relevant licensing body and/or your carrier to find the most up-to-date and personally relevant requirements.