Life, Annuity and Disability Insurance - NY
Insurance Continuing Education in New York
15 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
July 12, 2021
CFP Certification Continuing Education
Professional Continuing Education
This course is a comprehensive insurance course that explores and details the different types of products and situations involving life insurance, disability income, and annuities along with their many uses when it comes to providing for individual, family, and business needs.
It covers term, permanent, adjustable, universal, and variable life insurance along with the numerous variations within each category. It outlines and teaches the many uses of life insurance, both personal and business. In addition, the course explains the income and estate taxation of life insurance along with an extensive discussion of payout options, policy loans, premiums, withdrawals, dividends, cash surrenders, and accelerated death benefits concepts.
The disability income component in this course is designed to review and teach you about the features of the various types of disability insurance options and non-insurance specific programs, as well. The course explores individual disability insurance, employer-provided disability insurance, government programs that pay disability benefits, and the taxes inherent on these benefits. Provided also is a discussion of the specialized disability-related policies that are used for overhead expenses and buy-sell agreements. Association and Salary continuation arrangements with group disability income protection programs are discussed, as well.
The annuity section profiles the annuity concept and details as well as explains what an annuity is and how it works. The fundamentals of the accumulation and payout phases of annuities are discussed. Settlement options are explained along with their most common uses being covered. This section also discusses taxation of annuities. Federal income tax treatment of premature withdrawals, lump-sum distributions, and periodic payments are dealt with fully. It covers the different types of annuity contracts and the characteristics of each of the fixed, variable and equity indexed varieties. Annuity product types with their features and benefits are highlighted including specifics such as premium options, immediate vs. deferred, qualified vs. nonqualified, and the whole host of settlement options.
Whether you are a newer producer or a veteran, you will gain new insight into this critical area for Americans as well as brush up on current info and details pertinent to this area of your expertise.
Rules for New York Insurance Continuing Education
- Courses approved for Internet may not be downloaded.
- Exam is closed book. An New York state approved monitor MUST be present before you may access the exam. COVID-19 UPDATE: THIS RULE IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED.
- Effective January 1, 2008, a licensee will no longer receive credit for any course previously completed for continuing education credit. Licensees must maintain records of completed continuing education courses and will be held responsible if a course is repeated.
- Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued a Certificate of Course Completion. This document is necessary for your license renewal. Retain this document.
Full and proper functionality of our website and courses requires your browser to meet a few basic requirements, as described below. If this site is looking or behaving strangely, please check that your browser meets these requirements. If you would like help doing so, please call our customer support number. We will be happy to assist.
- Some course material is delivered via Adobe Flash. In order to take these courses you must have Flash version 10.0 or greater. You can download the latest version of Flash at Adobe\'s website (download)
- Your browser must have cookies enabled.
- Supported browsers include: