CA 4 Hour Annuity Training: Fixed, Variable and Index Annuity Contract - CA
Insurance Continuing Education in California
4 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
July 31, 2021
This course was developed specifically to meet the 4 hour mandatory training requirement for California resident and non-resident agents selling or soliciting annuity products. The course was designed around the California approved outline for training. At the conclusion of this four-hour course, the student should:
- Understand the producer’s legal and ethical obligations toward the consumer (and to the insurer and to regulatory authorities) with regard to the suitability of annuity product recommendations;
- Be able to define “suitability”;
- Be able to define the types of information that must be obtained from the consumer in order to make suitable annuity product purchase recommendations;
- Be able to identify the product features and circumstances where an annuity product would be suitable and it would be unsuitable for a consumer;
- Identify the regulatory requirements that have been enacted to protect the senior consumer during the purchase and exchange of annuity products;
- Identify how violations of suitability standards may be identified; and
- Know and understand the penalties provided for violations of applicable laws.
- Introduction to California Annuity Regulation
- Common Annuity Contract Provisions and Characteristics
- Fixed, Indexed and Variable Annuities Compared
- Sales Practices and Suitability
Rules for California Insurance Continuing Education
- Course material may not be downloaded.
- Exam is closed book.
- The state of California requires providers to restrict access to the final exam until a student has completed the course material in its entirety.
- California's CE vendor, Vertafore, charges an additional fee of 65 cents per credit hour for us to electronically upload course completions directly to your CE transcript.