Business Life and Disability - NY
Insurance Continuing Education in New York
9 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
November 30, 2021
CFP Certification Continuing Education
Professional Continuing Education
Business Life and Disability explores and discusses business types and characteristics as well as the application of Life and Disability insurances in the various business entities as an instrument for solving many of the complex issues that the business owners of all types face.
Business life insurance and disability insurance are generally applicable to the distinct composition of a particular business entity and how specifically has been structured such as a sole proprietorship, a partnership, a corporation, or a limited liability company. The type of business dictates how the company manages critical situations and solves human resource issues along with addressing what will and may happen to the business over time, to the investors, to the employees, and to the families of the employees in the event of death.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to the world of "business insurance". Your course examines the problems and protection opportunities common to all basic business structures. It examines and compares the many various problems they encounter during their business cycles and business growth and development over time. You will be exposed to and benefit by discussions on a whole host of key elements in this area, including:
- the business continuity options of each form of business
- the different ownership structures of each business form
- the advantages of using life insurance for funding agreements and benefits
- the taxation of owners of each form of business
- the advantages and disadvantages of various business structures existing today
- the purpose for business continuation and succession planning
- the role played by the use of life insurance and disability insurance.
- the impact of tax considerations in business planning.
- the strategies that protect and the business owner’s ability to obtain, retain, and strengthen relationships with key personnel.
- the value of keeping businesses in a vibrant role of continuation through solutions that are beneficial to owners, employees and heirs
Rules for New York Insurance Continuing Education
- Courses approved for Internet may not be downloaded.
- Exam is closed book. An New York state approved monitor MUST be present before you may access the exam. COVID-19 UPDATE: THIS RULE IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED.
- Effective January 1, 2008, a licensee will no longer receive credit for any course previously completed for continuing education credit. Licensees must maintain records of completed continuing education courses and will be held responsible if a course is repeated.
- Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued a Certificate of Course Completion. This document is necessary for your license renewal. Retain this document.
Full and proper functionality of our website and courses requires your browser to meet a few basic requirements, as described below. If this site is looking or behaving strangely, please check that your browser meets these requirements. If you would like help doing so, please call our customer support number. We will be happy to assist.
- Some course material is delivered via Adobe Flash. In order to take these courses you must have Flash version 10.0 or greater. You can download the latest version of Flash at Adobe\'s website (download)
- Your browser must have cookies enabled.
- Supported browsers include: