Business Life and Disability - IL
Insurance Continuing Education in Illinois
5 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
December 31, 2022 (178 Days)
CFP Certification Continuing Education
Professional Continuing Education
Business Life and Disability explores and discusses business types and characteristics as well as the application of Life and Disability insurances in the various business entities as an instrument for solving many of the complex issues that the business owners of all types face.
Business life insurance and disability insurance are generally applicable to the distinct composition of a particular business entity and how specifically has been structured such as a sole proprietorship, a partnership, a corporation, or a limited liability company. The type of business dictates how the company manages critical situations and solves human resource issues along with addressing what will and may happen to the business over time, to the investors, to the employees, and to the families of the employees in the event of death.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to the world of "business insurance". Your course examines the problems and protection opportunities common to all basic business structures. It examines and compares the many various problems they encounter during their business cycles and business growth and development over time. You will be exposed to and benefit by discussions on a whole host of key elements in this area, including:
- the business continuity options of each form of business
- the different ownership structures of each business form
- the advantages of using life insurance for funding agreements and benefits
- the taxation of owners of each form of business
- the advantages and disadvantages of various business structures existing today
- the purpose for business continuation and succession planning
- the role played by the use of life insurance and disability insurance.
- the impact of tax considerations in business planning.
- the strategies that protect and the business owner’s ability to obtain, retain, and strengthen relationships with key personnel.
- the value of keeping businesses in a vibrant role of continuation through solutions that are beneficial to owners, employees and heirs
Rules for Illinois Insurance Continuing Education
- This state allows for course material to be downloaded. Please note that not all courses will have content that is suitable or available for downloading.
- Exam is open book.
- The state of Illinois charges an additional fee of $1.00 per credit hour.