HIPAA Principles and Provisions - OR
Insurance Continuing Education in Oregon
3 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
July 31, 2022 (285 Days)
CFP Certification Continuing Education
This course focuses on the HIPAA legislation. Upon completing this course an agent should understand the history of the HIPAA Legislation; have a brief understanding of Health Insurance Reform; understand HIPAA’s impact on Individual Health Insurance Plans and Medical Savings Accounts; and fully comprehend the Administrative implications including Administrative Simplification Provisions, Security Regulations, National Identifier Requirements, and Privacy Provisions.
Rules for Oregon Insurance Continuing Education
- Course material may not be downloaded.
- Exam is closed book.
- Each agent must enroll for the course before having access to course material.
- A student may not access the final exam prior to reviewing all course materials.
- A review quiz is provided at the end of each chapter. The final exam may not be accessed until each review session has been successfully completed.
- Oregon Administrative Rule 836-071-0225(1)(d) limits the number of hours a producer can complete per day to 8. You may NOT start and finish more than 8 hours of continuing education on the same day.
- A course approved in part or in whole as correspondence requires a proctor to be present for the final exam. A correspondence course is any self-study course which includes printed materials as part of the program.
- The state of Oregon charges an additional fee of $1.00 per credit hour.