Ethics for Insurance Professionals - NY
Insurance Continuing Education in New York
5 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
November 30, 2021
Professional Continuing Education
The course has two broad divisions, The Practical Foundations for Insurance Ethics, and the Professional Foundation for Insurance Ethics. Under practical foundations, we will look at the agent's fiduciary responsibility to clients, the agent's obligations to the insurer/employer; and regulatory agencies. Under the professional foundation, we will look at the aspects of professionalism referred to in this introduction.
It is our wish that upon completion of this course, you will have a thorough understanding of what professional ethics are as related to the field of insurance, how they operate, why they are important, and what they mean to the individual who adheres to them.
Rules for New York Insurance Continuing Education
- Courses approved for Internet may not be downloaded.
- Exam is closed book. An New York state approved monitor MUST be present before you may access the exam. COVID-19 UPDATE: THIS RULE IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED.
- Effective January 1, 2008, a licensee will no longer receive credit for any course previously completed for continuing education credit. Licensees must maintain records of completed continuing education courses and will be held responsible if a course is repeated.
- Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued a Certificate of Course Completion. This document is necessary for your license renewal. Retain this document.
Full and proper functionality of our website and courses requires your browser to meet a few basic requirements, as described below. If this site is looking or behaving strangely, please check that your browser meets these requirements. If you would like help doing so, please call our customer support number. We will be happy to assist.
- Some course material is delivered via Adobe Flash. In order to take these courses you must have Flash version 10.0 or greater. You can download the latest version of Flash at Adobe\'s website (download)
- Your browser must have cookies enabled.
- Supported browsers include: