Personal Life Insurance Planning - NY
Insurance Continuing Education in New York
6 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
November 30, 2023 (57 Days)
CE for CFP® Professionals
In this course you will be introduced to terms and concepts used in connection with personal life insurance planning. Each new term is defined in the text and included in the Glossary. The concepts are explained and, where appropriate, are demonstrated through the use of examples.
This information is important for agents selling insurance products to customers and for advisers assessing the appropriateness of a life insurance recommendation for a client. An understanding of the methods used to determine suitable life insurance amounts to meet survivors’ lump-sum cash needs and income needs will assist the agent and adviser to better serve consumers and help ensure that appropriate life insurance amounts are recommended and purchased when they are suitable to meet client needs.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the early attempt to calculate appropriate life insurance amounts known as the human life value method.
- Understand the importance of basing client insurance requirements on a thoroughgoing analysis of needs.
- Gather the appropriate client information required to perform an insurance needs analysis.
- Identify and calculate a client’s family’s lump-sum needs at the death of a breadwinner.
- Understand the Social Security survivor benefits that need to be considered in analyzing survivors’ needs for life insurance to replace income.
- Identify and calculate survivors’ income needs during the dependency period, blackout period and retirement period.
Rules for New York Insurance Continuing Education
- Courses approved for Internet may not be downloaded.
- Exam is closed book.
- Effective January 1, 2008, a licensee will no longer receive credit for any course previously completed for continuing education credit. Licensees must maintain records of completed continuing education courses and will be held responsible if a course is repeated.
- Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued a Certificate of Course Completion. This document is necessary for your license renewal. Retain this document.
Full and proper functionality of our website and courses requires your browser to meet a few basic requirements, as described below. If this site is looking or behaving strangely, please check that your browser meets these requirements. If you would like help doing so, please call our customer support number. We will be happy to assist.