Individual Retirement Accounts - NY
Insurance Continuing Education in New York
8 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
July 31, 2023 (182 Days)
CE for CFP Professionals
In this course we will review some of the fundamental concepts and some of the complex coverage details about annuities, variable annuities and several insurance-like investment products called “contracts.” In addition, we will also provide answers for the most common questions you may encounter from your clients about these products. We will cover the important terms and definitions related to annuities and annuity suitability—which are sometimes slightly different than the terms and definitions used by insurance policies. We will also consider the various optional benefits, modifications and additions that are commonly desired by annuitants and their beneficiaries. We will also cover how annuities are underwritten, the advantages and disadvantages of group contracts and tax treatment of the various types of annuities. You will read some interesting and important case studies to bring this topic to life. We detail the most recent issues that have come up in the real world of providing these products to consumers. Finally, an appendix to this text includes annotated and simplified excerpts of the relevant portions of your state’s Insurance Code dealing with annuities and investment contracts.
- Understand fundamental concepts of annuities, variable annuities, and similar investment products.
- Be able to answer common questions from clients about annuity products.
- Know the differences between terms and definitions of annuities vs common insurance policies.
- Learn how annuities are underwritten
Rules for New York Insurance Continuing Education
- Courses approved for Internet may not be downloaded.
- Exam is closed book.
- Effective January 1, 2008, a licensee will no longer receive credit for any course previously completed for continuing education credit. Licensees must maintain records of completed continuing education courses and will be held responsible if a course is repeated.
- Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued a Certificate of Course Completion. This document is necessary for your license renewal. Retain this document.
Full and proper functionality of our website and courses requires your browser to meet a few basic requirements, as described below. If this site is looking or behaving strangely, please check that your browser meets these requirements. If you would like help doing so, please call our customer support number. We will be happy to assist.