Disability Insurance Products and Principles - OR
Insurance Continuing Education in Oregon
3 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
May 31, 2022 (224 Days)
CFP Certification Continuing Education
Professional Continuing Education
The purpose of this course is to provide the student with a clear understanding of disability income insurance including; a full description of disability insurance with definitions and an explanation of provisions, an overview of the principal disability rider benefits, and a look into disability income underwriting. This course will also explain the primary sources of disability income benefits, special coverage disability insurance policies, and the taxation of disability coverage.
The course will cover:
- Introduction to Disability Insurance
- Disability Policy Definitions & Provisions
- Principal Disability Rider Benefits
- Disability Income Underwriting
- Primary Sources of Disability Income Benefits
- Special Coverage Disability Insurance Policies
- Taxation of Disability Coverage
Rules for Oregon Insurance Continuing Education
- Course material may not be downloaded.
- Exam is closed book.
- Each agent must enroll for the course before having access to course material.
- A student may not access the final exam prior to reviewing all course materials.
- A review quiz is provided at the end of each chapter. The final exam may not be accessed until each review session has been successfully completed.
- Oregon Administrative Rule 836-071-0225(1)(d) limits the number of hours a producer can complete per day to 8. You may NOT start and finish more than 8 hours of continuing education on the same day.
- A course approved in part or in whole as correspondence requires a proctor to be present for the final exam. A correspondence course is any self-study course which includes printed materials as part of the program.
- The state of Oregon charges an additional fee of $1.00 per credit hour.