Ethical Principles and Practices Affecting Insurance - NY
Insurance Continuing Education in New York
7 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
July 31, 2021
Professional Continuing Education
This course focuses on ethical considerations when selling to individuals age 65 and older. Upon completing this course an agent should be able to understand the fundamental principles underlying ethical systems, discuss the foundations of professional ethics, modify the tools and methods used in the sales process to meet heightened ethical requirements, indentify specific ethical sales concerns and unethical sales conduct, replace in their sales vocabulary those terms that have a high probability of misleading clients, recognize the special issues concerning product replacement, indentify the special requirements involved when working with impaired clients, and implement a system for ethical decision making.
Rules for New York Insurance Continuing Education
- Courses approved for Internet may not be downloaded.
- Exam is closed book. An New York state approved monitor MUST be present before you may access the exam. COVID-19 UPDATE: THIS RULE IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED.
- Effective January 1, 2008, a licensee will no longer receive credit for any course previously completed for continuing education credit. Licensees must maintain records of completed continuing education courses and will be held responsible if a course is repeated.
- Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued a Certificate of Course Completion. This document is necessary for your license renewal. Retain this document.
Full and proper functionality of our website and courses requires your browser to meet a few basic requirements, as described below. If this site is looking or behaving strangely, please check that your browser meets these requirements. If you would like help doing so, please call our customer support number. We will be happy to assist.
- Some course material is delivered via Adobe Flash. In order to take these courses you must have Flash version 10.0 or greater. You can download the latest version of Flash at Adobe\'s website (download)
- Your browser must have cookies enabled.
- Supported browsers include: