Producers and Adjusters (excluding Title)
24 CE hours*, including 3 hours of ethics, are required every 2 year license term. 50% of the required CE hours must be in classroom or approved online classroom equivalent courses.
*See Special Training/Education Requirements below.
Special Training/Education Requirements
Long-Term Care Partnership (LTC/P)
- Initial 3-hour LTC training requirement: Before selling LTC insurance products in Utah, producers must complete an initial 3-hour, state-approved LTC training course.
- Ongoing 3-hour LTC training requirement: After completing the initial 3-hour training requirement, producers continuing to sell LTC must complete 3 hours of state-approved LTC training during every 24-month licensing period after the period in which they completed the initial training.
Utah producers who also sell federal flood insurance policies must complete a one-time 5-hour course approved for National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) training.
Non-residents whose resident state has a reciprocal agreement with Utah, and who complies with resident CE requirements, are exempt from UT CE requirements. Licensees whose resident state is not reciprocal with UT, must meet resident UTAH CE requirements.
The license term is every 2 years based on the last day of the producer’s birth month.
Courses may not be taken for credit more than once in a 2 year license term
Excess CE credits may not be carried over to the next renewal period.
The following exemptions are available:
- A producer whose license lapses due to military service, voluntary service for a period of time designated by the person for whom the licensee provides voluntary service, or some other extenuating circumstance, such as long-term medical disability, may be exempt from CE requirements in order to reinstate the license.
- Producers licensed before December 31, 1982 may request to be exempt from CE requirements.
- Producers holding and maintaining the following designations are deemed to have met the CE requirements: CLU, ChFC and RHU with completion of the PACE program; CPCU with completion of the CPD program; and CFP, REBC, CIC, ACSR, CRM, SOFE, or IRES with completion of their continuing education requirements.
Exam proctor requirements
Self-study final exams do not require a monitor.
Self-study final exams are open book. Licensees may refer to the course material as often as needed. The final exam must be passed with a score of 70 percent or higher to receive credit. If the final exam is not passed on the first attempt, students have an unlimited number of retakes.
A roster fee of $1.00 per CE hour is required to process course completion hours in Utah and will be added to the order upon checkout.
Net Study provides information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to continuing education (CE) as insurance producers, agents, adjusters and/or brokers. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither Net Study nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice.