Life and Health Insurance Concepts - DE
Insurance Continuing Education in Delaware
2 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
December 31, 2022 (178 Days)
In this course you will be introduced to terms and concepts used in connection with life and health insur-ance products. Each new term is defined in the text. The concepts are explained and, where appropriate, are demon-strated through the use of examples.
At the conclusion of each lesson, a Chapter Review is presented to test comprehension of the material presented in the chapter.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this basic course, the student should be able to:
1. Have a firm grasp of general insurance concepts.
2. Understand the basics of life insurance.
3. Explain the different types of life insurance and insurance products
4. Understand the basics of annuities
5. Explain the various riders, provisions and options of a life insurance policy
6. Understand the basics of accident and health insurance
7. Explain the different types of accident and health insurance policies
8. Describe the accident and health insurance application and underwriting process
No prerequisite or advance preparation is necessary.
Rules for Delaware Insurance Continuing Education
- This state allows for course material to be downloaded. Please note that not all courses will have content that is suitable or available for downloading.
- Exam is open book.
- The state of Delaware charges an additional fee of $1.00 per credit hour.