IRAs - MN
Insurance Continuing Education in Minnesota
4 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
December 12, 2020
Professional Continuing Education
This course was designed, constructed and written to provide continuing education for Financial Professionals in the area of individual saving for retirement with special attention to IRAs.
It acknowledges and includes some examination of the Educational IRA (Coverdell Education Savings Account) as well due to the competing needs of retirement and education. It also highlights withdrawals for education expenses that are a common component of the 3 government sponsored accumulation programs.
- Inform students about practical and useful realities in the marketplace, government involvement and the economy that relate to saving for future needs.
- Increase student’s overall competency in retirement issues
- Increase specific knowledge about Traditional, Roth, and Educational IRAs
- Clarify the differences between retirement alternatives
- Provide a basis for analysis for retirement income needs.
- Examine approaches for determining a plan for saving to meet the goal
Rules for Minnesota Insurance Continuing Education
- Courses approved for online learning will have material that may not be downloaded. Correspondence courses will have materials available as PDF and/or a physical textbook.
- Exam is closed book.
- License education credit will not be awarded for taking a course after it loses its status as an approved course.
- For Online interactive courses there is no proctor required. For Correspondence courses, this state requires a proctor. Correspondence courses will display that a proctor is required on the details page of the course and also upon entering the learning platform you will see "Proctor Required" on the bottom right of your navigation screen.
- If required - Who May Proctor Your Exam: the exam must be proctored by a DISINTERESTED THIRD PARTY WITH NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST.