Introduction to Life Insurance - OR
Insurance Continuing Education in Oregon
1 credit hour
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
July 23, 2022 (365 Days)
This course explains the fundamentals of life insurance. Upon completing this course the student should have a general understanding of what life insurance is; the advantages of purchasing life insurance; the different types of life insurance available including term life, whole life, universal life, and variable life; an understanding of special interest policies; and have a general knowledge of the insurance contract.
Rules for Oregon Insurance Continuing Education
- Course material may not be downloaded.
- Exam is closed book.
- Each agent must enroll for the course before having access to course material.
- A student may not access the final exam prior to reviewing all course materials.
- A review quiz is provided at the end of each chapter. The final exam may not be accessed until each review session has been successfully completed.
- Oregon Administrative Rule 836-071-0225(1)(d) limits the number of hours a producer can complete per day to 8. You may NOT start and finish more than 8 hours of continuing education on the same day.
- A course approved in part or in whole as correspondence requires a proctor to be present for the final exam. A correspondence course is any self-study course which includes printed materials as part of the program.
- The state of Oregon charges an additional fee of $1.00 per credit hour.