Introduction to Life Insurance - NC
Insurance Continuing Education in North Carolina
1 credit hour
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
December 31, 2020
This course explains the fundamentals of life insurance. Upon completing this course the student should have a general understanding of what life insurance is; the advantages of purchasing life insurance; the different types of life insurance available including term life, whole life, universal life, and variable life; an understanding of special interest policies; and have a general knowledge of the insurance contract.
Rules for North Carolina Insurance Continuing Education
- Course material may not be downloaded.
- Exam is closed book.
- Licensees will receive credits only once for a course completed in the licensee's current compliance period regardless of the number of times the same course is taken.
- The state of North Carolina requires intermittent security checks to validate the individual taking the course is the individual also taking the final exam.
- The state of North Carolina requires providers to restrict access to the final exam until a student has completed the course material in its entirety. As such we have put in place a Course Material Verification code which can be found on the last page of your course materials. This code will be required prior to accessing the final exam.
- The state of North Carolina has placed a great emphasis on approving self-study/online courses for appropriate credit amounts. As such they now require that students spend the approved amount of time reviewing course material prior to accessing the final exam. In this state, a timer is in place on your course material that will restrict access to the final exam until all material has been reviewed for the approved credit hours.
- The state of North Carolina charges an additional fee of $2.05 per credit hour.