Annuities (Meets NAIC 2010 Suitability Guidelines)
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
3.5 credit hours
Topics Covered: Life and Health, Annuities, Financial Planning, Life
Other credit types available: CE, PCE, NonCE
This course will be available until: December 31, 2018
NAIC Annuities was developed to meet the training requirements established in the NAIC Suitability in Annuity Transactions Model Regulation.
Upon completion of this course an agent should have:
- adequate knowledge of the types of annuities and various classifications of annuities
- be able to identify the parties to an annuity
- understand how fixed, variable and indexed annuity contract provisions affect consumers
- understand the application of income taxation of qualified and non-qualified annuities
- understand the primary uses of annuities
- be conscious of the appropriate sales practices, replacement and disclosure requirements when dealing with annuities
PLEASE NOTE: This course does not meet the state of California annuities renewal requirement.
This course has been certified by:
Rules for Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Course material may be downloaded.
- Exam is open book.