Annuities (Meets NAIC 2010 Suitability Guidelines) - SC
Insurance Continuing Education in South Carolina
4 credit hours
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
April 17, 2020
CFP® Certification Continuing Education
Professional Continuing Education
NAIC Annuities was developed to meet the training requirements established in the NAIC Suitability in Annuity Transactions Model Regulation.
Upon completion of this course an agent should have:
- adequate knowledge of the types of annuities and various classifications of annuities
- be able to identify the parties to an annuity
- understand how fixed, variable and indexed annuity contract provisions affect consumers
- understand the application of income taxation of qualified and non-qualified annuities
- understand the primary uses of annuities
- be conscious of the appropriate sales practices, replacement and disclosure requirements when dealing with annuities
PLEASE NOTE: This course does not meet the state of California annuities renewal requirement.
This course has been certified by:
Rules for South Carolina Insurance Continuing Education
- This state allows for course material to be downloaded. Please note that not all courses will have content that is suitable or available for downloading.
- Exam is closed book.
- Effective January 2011, the deadline for biennially complying with continuing education and license renewal is the last day of the producer's month of birth. Producers born in an odd numbered year must comply by the last day of the birth month in an odd numbered year. Producers born in an even numbered year must comply by the last day of the birth month in an even numbered year.
- Multi-line (property and casualty and life, accident and health) producers must complete twenty-four hours of CE credits. A minimum of eight (8) credit hours must be completed in each line of authority and a minimum of three (3) credit hours of Ethics.
- Producers with reduced compliance requirements (15 hours) must complete 12 hours in the line of authority held and 3 hours of Ethics. Multi-line producers with reduced compliance requirements (15 hours) must complete 6 hours in each line of authority and 3 hours of ethics. Failure to comply by the last day of the producer's birth month will result in the license being lapsed.
- Click here to download the South Carolina Department of Insurance Continuing Insurance Education Reminder Notice. Last Updated 1/11/2018
- Effective January 1, 2017, a valid personal and/or business email address is required by law. Please visit Online Services to update your email address. The Department will no longer be mailing hard copy renewal notices to licensees.
- Producers must renew the license, obtain fingerprints, complete 24 hours of continuing education including a minimum of 3 hours of Ethics, and pay the biennial recordkeeping fee to the Continuing Education Administrator by the deadline or the producer license will lapse.
- Up to 18 CE hours in excess of the CE compliance period may be carried over and applied to the next compliance period. (The law allowing reduced CE compliance was repealed January 1, 2010. This Section applies only to those producers who were granted a reduced CE compliance prior to January 1, 2010.)
- An individual who arrives after the start of a CE class or leaves before the class is over will not receive credit for the continuing education classroom session, regardless of the number of hours completed during the class session. Instructors may deny credit to anyone who is inattentive (reading the newspaper, talking, texting, using cell phone, etc.).